White Bean & Tuna Salad
A quick and healthy recipe for a weekday lunch or light weekend salad. Tinned tuna is a wonderful salad ingredient and is rich in Omega 3. To dress this white bean and tuna salad, look no further than Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and lemon juice.
- 100g baby spinach or beet leaves
- 400g cannellini beans, drained well
- 400g tuna chunks, drained well
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 3 tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Arrange the spinach or beet leaves along with the beans, tuna, cucumber, tomato and parsley on 4 serving plates.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour the dressing over the salad just before serving.
Cooks tipsServe with warm crusty bread.
Substitute the tuna for canned salmon.