Warm Squash & Puy Lentil Salad
This warm, roasted vegetable salad is a wonderful vegetarian meal option. The gently caramelised squash and pepper bring lovely flavour to the salad which is finished off with scattered, seasoned puy lentils and none other than Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil!
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 red peppers
- 1 red chilli (optional)
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 8 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 50g puy lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 little gem lettuce
- 60g rocket
- Heat the oven to 200˚C/400˚F/Gas Mark 6.
- Rinse the lentils in a sieve then place in a pan with water; add the bay leaf and garlic. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes or until just tender. Drain and then discard the bay leaf and garlic.
- While the lentils are cooking, cut the squash in half and remove the seeds. Cut into 2.5cm slices, remove the skin from each slice then put into a roasting tin.
- Remove seeds from the peppers and cut into wide strips. Add to the roasting tin, drizzle over 3 tbsp of the oil, toss together and season. Place in the oven and roast for 15 minutes. If using the chilli, remove seeds and chop, also remove rosemary spikes from stalk. Scatter both over the vegetables and continue to roast for a further 15 minutes.
- Whisk the remaining Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar, season then set aside.
- Tear the lettuce and mix with the rocket. Divide between the serving plates with the warm vegetables. Scatter over the lentils then drizzle the dressing over.