Warm Potato and Chorizo Salad
A heartwarming salad recipe for a gloomy day. Chorizo and tomato add smoky and sweet flavours to this warm salad with potatoes, dressed with our Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Full of flavour, wholesome and hearty- this is definitely one to try at home!
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 6 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 350g baby new potatoes, halved
- 1 onion, diced
- 100g chorizo sausage, sliced
- 100g baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Balsamic Vinegar
- Pinch of sugar
- 60g mixed salad leaves
- Heat some Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil in a large frying pan, add the potatoes and sauté for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Add the onions and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a large salad bowl. Add the chorizo to the frying pan and fry for 2-3 minutes until crispy before adding to the bowl.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan with the balsamic vinegar and stir fry for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and pan juices to the salad bowl and season with plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- Finally, add the salad leaves and toss well to mix. Serve immediately with crusty bread and dress with a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil if liked.
Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil is better for frying with, while Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil is ideal for dressing salads with its deeper flavour.