Marinades & Dressings
Warm Lentil and Spinach Salad
This warm salad is a comforting bowl of complementary flavours and it's also really good for you! This is a great lunch idea, filled with fresh flavours from fennel, pomegranate and sharp red wine vinegar to accompany warm spinach and lentils. We love the addition of pine nuts for an extra crunch!
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small or 1/2 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can lentils (your choice!)
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 150g spinach
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- 3 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Heat half of the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil in large pan set over medium heat; cook fennel and onion for about 5 minutes or starting to soften.
- Stir in lentils; cook for about 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender and lentils are heated through.
- Meanwhile, whisk together remaining oil, Filippo Berio Red Wine Vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Add to pan; bring to simmer.
- Stir in spinach; cook for about 1 minute or just starting to wilt.
- Transfer to serving dish and garnish with pomegranate seeds and pine nuts.
Substitute pomegranate seeds for dried cherries or cranberries.