Marinades & Dressings
Warm Lemon & Rosemary Chicken Salad
This flavoursome chicken salad recipe is not one to be missed. The classic combination of lemon and rosemary infuses Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil to make succulent and tasty chicken. This healthy recipe is topped off with a sweet and salty shallot and caper dressing soaked in Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 6 chicken mini fillets
- ¼ of a lemon, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 large sprig of rosemary
- 50ml Filippo Berio olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1 shallot, very finely chopped
- 12 rosemary leaves, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp of Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil
- 50ml Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp of capers, soaked in cold water to remove the salt and roughly chopped
- ½ lemon
- 1 small baguette, finely sliced
- Filippo Berio olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 20 French beans
- 2 chargrilled artichoke hearts, any tough outer leaves removed, sliced
- Mixed baby salad leaves
- Add the chicken fillets to a bowl with the Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil, sliced lemon, crushed garlic and rosemary. Make sure the chicken is thoroughly coated in the mix, then cover and leave to marinate overnight in the fridge.
- To make the dressing, sweat the shallot with the rosemary in 2 tablespoons of Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil. Add a pinch of salt and cook until the shallot is soft and sweet. Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool.
- Once cool, add the 50ml of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, the chopped capers and a squeeze of lemon juice. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Cook the French beans in a pan of boiling salted water for 2–3 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 165°C/gas mark 3.
- To make the croutons rub a baking tray with a clove of garlic and a little olive oil. Place the baguette slices on the tray, pressing down to absorb the garlic and oil. Turn over and repeat, before baking in the oven for 10 minutes, or until golden. Remove from oven and leave to cool.
- Place a frying pan on to the stove and heat until very hot. Remove the chicken from the marinade (discard the lemon and rosemary), season well with salt and pepper and place the chicken fillets into the pan. Cook thoroughly, turning the fillets regularly, then place on to a plate and leave to rest for a minute.
- In the meantime, quickly toss the beans and artichokes in the pan you cooked the chicken in to warm them through. Place them in a bowl with the salad leaves – this will make them start to wilt.
- Warm the dressing slightly until it just starts to release the aromas of the oil then pour a little over the salad. Mix it all together and place it into the centre of a serving bowl.
- Place the croutons on top of the salad and the chicken fillets on top of the croutons. Pour over a little more dressing and serve immediately.