Warm Chicken, Bacon and Spinach Salad
A simple and classic combination of chicken and bacon with the ingenious addition of spinach and pine nuts. Toasted pine nuts give this warm salad a wonderful crunchy finish, paired with salty bacon and succulent chicken. Sinfully simple- this one is a recipe for your repertoire!
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 5 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 25g pine nuts
- 100g fresh young spinach leaves
- 450g chicken breast fillet, sliced
- 100g smoked streaky bacon, sliced
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Balsamic Vinegar
- Heat 1 tbsp of the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large frying pan, add the pine nuts and fry for 1 min or until golden. Transfer to a large salad bowl and add the spinach leaves.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, add the chicken and bacon and fry for 6-8 minutes or until crisp and golden. Add the spring onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and plenty of freshly ground black pepper and toss until well coated.
- Add the warm ingredients to the fresh spinach leaves and toss to mix together. Serve dressed with a little more vinegar and Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil if desired.
For a simple garnish, tear a few fresh basil leaves and sprinkle on top!