Sides & Salads
Baked vegetable frites are a great way to add both variety and colour to your meals and a healthy alternative to deep fried chips.
Serves: 4 as a side dish
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
- 1kg each of beetroot, sweet potato, carrot and courgette
- Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil
- Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds, toasted in a pan
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 50g ground almonds
- 150g polenta
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC.
- Remove the seeded centre from the courgettes. Cut all vegetables into batons 8-10cm long. Coat in 3-4 tbsp Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil and 1 tsp of salt before seasoning and cooking.
- For Beetroot - 3 minutes before the end of the cooking, sprinkle with the thyme leaves, sea salt and 2 tsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- For Sweet potato - When cooked, toss in 2 tsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin olive oil and dried oregano.
- For Courgette - Before cooking, coat with the ground almonds and polenta.
- For Carrot - When cooked, coat with a mixture of chilli flakes and gently crushed pan toasted fennel seeds.