- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or finely diced
- 4 tablespoons of Filippo Berio Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 325g of risotto rice
- 250-260g fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons of Filippo Berio Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 175C (fan). Place the tomatoes in an ovenproof dish and drizzle over the Filippo Berio Balsamic Vinegar. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Gently fry the chopped onion and garlic in the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil over a medium heat until soft (about 5-10 minutes).
- Add in the risotto rice and fry for a further two minutes to coat the rice.
- Add in two ladles of the stock and all the tomatoes (together with any juice). Stir constantly while cooking for a few minutes. Be sure not to let the rice burn.
- Cook the risotto by adding a ladle of stock at a time and stirring slowly until it has been absorbed into the rice. Continue adding the stock ladle by ladle and stirring until the risotto appears dry and repeating the process until all the stock is used.
- Turn off the heat and stir through the tomato puree and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve.