Vegan Panna cotta with liquor sauce
Panna cotta is a typical creamy Italian dessert. This recipe has been made completely vegan and chocolate, liquor and coffee have been added to optimize the flavour.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 3-4 hours to set
- 3.5g agar agar flakes
- ¼ cup / 60 ml maple syrup
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds scraped
- 500 ml soy cream (alpro)
- 2 tsbp amaretto
- 1 espresso shot
- 50g vegan dark chocolate
- 50ml vegan soy cream (alpro)
- Put the soy cream, agar agar, maple syrup and vanilla seeds into a small pan.
- Gently bring it up to boil then simmer for a few minutes stirring frequently. Once the mixture has thickened and is full consistent.
- Grease each ramakin so that it is easier to unmould each panna cotta easier use coconut oil for a flavourless grease.
- Pour strained mixture into ramekins and leave it aside for 3-4 hours to set.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a pan on low heat then add the espresso and soy cream and stir. Turn off the heat and add the amaretto and combine.