Vegan ‘mascarpone’ and caramelised oranges
Brighten up your day with this delicious and completely vegan sweet treat.
Simple, yet creative, caramelising with Filippo Berio Balsamic Vinegar adds a whole depth of flavour to this desert.
- 100g creamed coconut (in block form), grated
- 300g silken tofu
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons of water
- 4 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 2 tablespoons of Filippo Berio Balsamic Vinegar
- Mix the grated coconut, tofu, vanilla extract and lemon juice together with either a whisk or a stick blender until smooth. Keep cool in the fridge.
- Place the sugar, water, Filippo Berio Balsamic Vinegar and orange segments in a saucepan and place over a medium-high heat.
- Allow the saucepan to bubble for 5-10 minutes (depending on how much liquid the oranges release) until it starts to become thicker and reduced. Stir occasionally and do not allow it to burn.
- Leave to cool and then assemble by placing the mascarpone in four bowls and then spoon over the caramelised oranges.