Breads, Pizza & Panini
Vegan low fat baked croutons
Make a good soup great, by adding these tasty, guilt-free croutons! Bake in the oven whilst prepping your soup to save time.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 slices (approximately 100g) of stale flavoured bread, such as olive bread or sun-dried tomato bread
- Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- 1 tbsp of fresh marjoram or oregano (if you can’t get hold of fresh, a teaspoon of dried is an alternative)
- 1 tbsp of fresh parsley
- Zest of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Heat your oven to 180C (fan) or 200C (conventional).
- Prepare a large baking tray by lining it with baking paper.
- Cut the bread into cubes and place in a bowl.
- Finely chop the oregano and parsley.
- Spray the bread cubes with the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil whilst turning them until they are fully, but lightly coated.
- Reserve a tsp of each of the parsley and lemon zest (for garnish later).
- Add in the rest of the parsley, lemon zest and all of the oregano and add salt and pepper to the bowl.
- Toss the ingredients together before tipping out onto the baking tray, making sure the bread is spread out into a single layer.
- Bake for 18-20, but turn over the croutons halfway through the cooking process to ensure they bake evenly.
- When baked, transfer to a bowl and garnish with the reserved lemon zest and parsley.