- 2 slices (approximately 100g) of stale bread
- 3 – 4 tbsp of Filippo Berio Garlic Flavoured Olive Oil
- 1 tsp of dried onion granules
- 1 tsp of ground paprika
- A few twists of freshly ground rock salt
- Cut the bread into cubes.
- Heat the Filippo Berio Garlic Flavoured Olive Oil in a wide frying pan and then add the cubed bread.
- Toss the cubed bread whilst frying.
- Take off the heat when lightly brown and crispy.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bread into a bowl.
- Sprinkle over the onion granules, paprika and salt and then toss to combine.
Cooks tipsAll bread makes better croutons if slightly stale. Fresh bread can be sliced and left out for a few hours before cooking, to make it drier before cooking.