Marinades & Dressings
Tuscan Pork Kebabs
These succulent marinated pork kebabs are perfect for the BBQ! Quick and easy to assemble and rich with Tuscan flavour, this recipe is a delight. For a deeper flavour, allow your meat to marinade in Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil for as long as possible! Serve with a fresh, crisp salad.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 12 mins
- 500g fillet of pork
- 24 small baby potatoes
- 2 small red onions
- 2 red peppers
- Lemon wedges and fresh herbs, to serve
Tuscan Marinade: :
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 dried chillies
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- Rosemary sprig, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 150ml Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Make the marinade by crushing the peppercorns, dried chillies and fennel seeds then add a pinch of salt. Add the garlic and rosemary and crush together with the lemon and Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Cut the pork into about 24 pieces and put into a glass dish with the Tuscan marinade, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, soak 8 wooden skewers in water. Cook the potatoes until just tender and drain. Peel and quarter the onions, de-seed the pepper and cut into chunks.
- Thread the pork pieces onto the skewers with the potatoes, pepper pieces and onion wedges, brush with the marinade then cook on a griddle or a prepared barbecue for about 6 minutes each side.
If you like your kebabs to really pack a punch, add 1 tsp of chilli powder to the marinade.