Tuscan Lamb & Herby Polenta
The classically Tuscan flavours of lamb, tomato and rosemary used in this recipe combine to make a simple yet impressive meal worthy of any dinner party. For an even more authentic Tuscan taste, try adding a can of cannellini beans.
- 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil
- 4 lamb cutlets, trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 x 400g can Cirio Chopped Tomatoes
- 100ml white wine
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 100g quick polenta
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- 50g black olives, roughly chopped
- Filippo Berio Mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling
- Heat 2 tbsp of Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil in a large frying pan. When hot, add the lamb cutlets and cook on a high heat for 1 minute each side. Turn down the heat to medium and add the garlic.
- Cook for a further minute.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, rosemary and season with salt and black pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes or until the lamb is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the polenta according to the packet instructions. Whisk in the remaining Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil, thyme and olives. Spoon the polenta onto a plate and top with the tomato sauce and lamb.
- As with all meats that are cooked quickly, it's important to use a high temperature and to use the best quality cuts available to ensure the meat is succulent and tender.