This Tetrazzini recipe is a delicious solution to dealing with your Christmas turkey leftovers. It involves pre-cooked turkey diced, torn or shred which means the hard work is mostly already done! This creamy and luxurious pasta bake is a certified crowd-pleaser on a cold Winter's day.
- 250g egg tagliatelle
- 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 3 level tbsp plain flour
- 400ml hot chicken stock
- 4 tbsp medium dry sherry or white wine
- 5 tbsp double cream
- 50g Pecorino or Parmesan cheese, grated
- 300g cooked turkey, diced or torn into thick shreds
- 125g peas, thawed if frozen
For the topping
- 25g fresh breadcrumbs
- 25g Pecorino or Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add a 1 tsp salt then the tagliatelle, cook following packet instructions until just cooked. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large sauté pan, add the mushrooms and cook over a medium-high heat until just beginning to brown. Sprinkle over the flour and stir until all has been absorbed into the oil and juices, cook one minute. Gradually add the stock, stirring all the time and allow to come to simmer, cook gently for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir the cream and cheese into the sauce and season, then add the turkey and peas.
- Spread half of the pasta in the base of a large ovenproof dish, spoon over the half of the turkey mixture. Repeat the layers then scatter over the breadcrumbs and cheese, drizzle with the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and then bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the top is golden and crisp.