Tuna with Cannellini Bean and Fennel Salad
This is one of the 4 recipes created by Paola Maggiulli (known as The Tiny Italian), aimed to show you how to use Filippo Berio Pestos to make simple and delicious salad dressings. Simply mix the Filippo Berio Pesto of your choice with our Extra Virgin Olive Oil for a quick and easy dressing that is perfect in a whole host of recipes.
Preparation time: 12 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 2 tsp Filippo Berio Tomato & Ricotta Pesto
- Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tins of cannellini beans
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 red onion
- 2 fresh tuna steaks
- Fresh Parsley
- Mix the pesto, garlic and 50ml of olive oil together to make the tomato and ricotta pesto salad dressing. Set aside.
- Drain the cannellini beans in a sieve and give them a good rinse with cold water.
- Finely slice the onion and fennel.
- Mix the cannellini beans, onion and fennel in a bowl and dress with the tomato and ricotta salad dressing; season with salt.
- Next season the tuna steak with salt and fry in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil on a low/medium heat. Cook for 2 minutes on each side. Set aside and let it cool down.
- Then break the tuna up into a large size chunks and add to the cannellini bean salad. Dress again with the tomato ricotta salad dressing. Serve with freshly chopped parsley.