Truffle Pesto Crostini with pecorino, pine nuts & olive oil
Indulge in the exquisite flavour of our Truffle Pesto Crostini with Pecorino, Pine Nuts, and Olive Oil. This tantalizing recipe combines the richness of truffle pesto with the nutty notes of pecorino cheese and the crunch of pine nuts. The crostini provides a crispy base for this delectable appetiser. Drizzled with the finest Filippo Berio Olive Oil, each bite is elevated to new heights of culinary bliss. Whether you're hosting a dinner party or simply craving a gourmet snack, these crostini are sure to impress with their elegant presentation and irresistible taste!
- 1 baguette (1-2 days old)
- 25ml Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Filippo Berio Truffle Pesto
- Pecorino (a few grates)
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Thinly slice the baguette. Heat the oven to 200°C.
- Pour a generous glug of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil into pan and dip slices on both sides so they are lightly covered.
- Bake for 10 minutes, they should be golden. If they need an extra 5 minutes then turn them first before cooking an extra 5 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Spread the crostini bases with Filippo Berio Truffle Pesto.
- Add a few pine nuts and sprinkle the pecorino on top. Drizzle with Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil.