Truffle pesto and goats cheese crostini
Arguably the most versatile appetizer, Crostini consists of small slices of toasted bread with an array of flavoursome toppings. This recipe uses strong flavours to create a delicious crostino, without being too overpowering. Enjoy as a mid-afternoon snack or with an Aperitivo!
- 1 small baguette
- Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil for brushing
- 150g log of goats cheese
- Filippo Berio Truffle Pesto
- Small jar of artichoke hearts
- Filippo Berio Gran Cru Balsamic Vinegar
- Parsley to garnish
- Slice baguette
- Heat oven to 200’C, lay the slices of baguette on a tray and brush with Filippo Berio Extra virgin Olive Oil. Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool on a rack.
- Place on a tray or plate, spread with Filippo Berio truffle pesto and a slice of goats cheese.
- Top with a sliver of artichoke heart and a drizzle of Filippo Berio Gran Cru Balsamic Vinegar and top with parsley.