Truffle Macaroni Cheese
This classic American dish is one of the most popular comfort foods enjoyed worldwide and even has its own National Holiday! Infusing this dish with Filippo Berio Truffle Flavoured Olive Oil adds a certain level of luxury, giving it a rich, aromatic and earthy flavour.
- 250g macaroni
- 1 tsp salt
- 500ml whole milk
- 30g butter
- 30g plain flour
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 100g grated cheddar
- 30g fresh breadcrumbs
- 30g parmesan, finely grated
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Truffle Flavoured Olive Oil
- Cook the macaroni in boiling water following pack instructions. Drain and rinse.
- Melt the butter in a large non-stick saucepan, stir in the flour to make a roux, continuing to stir for 3-4 mins. Gradually add the milk, little by little, stirring continuously.
- Add the cheese and Dijon mustard.
- Remove from the heat, tip in the macaroni and stir to coat. Scrape into an ovenproof dish.
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and parmesan, and bake for 20 mins until golden. For a crispy top, grill for 5 mins or until just golden.
- Serve straightaway.