The Tricolore salad is a foolproof starter, delicious light lunch or simply an afternoon snack- because who needs an excuse to eat it! Emblematic of the Italian flag and the epitome of La Dieta Mediterranea, this classic Italian recipe is a national treasure.
- 4 large vine-ripened tomatoes
- 300g buffalo mozzarella cheese, drained
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- Fresh basil leaves
- 6 tbsp Filippo Berio Gran Cru Monti Iblei
- Slice the tomatoes, mozzarella and avocado and arrange in overlapping slices on four plates.
- Scatter over the basil leaves.
- Drizzle the Filippo Berio Gran Cru Monti Iblei over the salad and serve immediately with crusty bread.
Cooks tipsThis extra-special Filippo Berio Gran Cru Monti Iblei is beautifully rich in flavour and shines in this simple Italian dish.
If you don't have it, not to worry! You can also use Filippo Berio Gusto Frutato Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Filippo Berio100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Ps: a pinch of salt wouldn't go amiss!