Trenette al Pesto
Sometimes, Filippo Berio Classic Pesto is all you need for an effortlessly delicious pasta dish. This Trenette recipe celebrates the simple pleasures of life: good pasta, cheese, basil and of course, Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Here's a tip from us: try serving it the Italian way and put your pasta into the sauce before serving. Buon appetito!
- 1 x (190g) jar Filippo Berio Classic Pesto
- 400g Trenette (fine Ligurian pasta)
- Salt, to taste
- Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, to drizzle
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Place the pasta in a large saucepan of well-salted boiling water (1 litre of water per 100g).
- Boil and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. A shorter cooking time results in a more 'al dente' (firm) texture.
- When the pasta is cooked, strain immediately without draining off all the cooking water to avoid sticking. Add the contents of the jar of Filippo Berio Classic Pesto to the pan of pasta, mix well and heat gently. In Italy, the pasta is often added to the sauce in its pan, mixed well and heated gently prior to serving. Serve.
- To finish, add freshly grated Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Cooks tipsSuitable for vegetarians.