Tomato & Ricotta crostini with charred broccolini & hazelnuts
This recipe for Tomato & Ricotta Crostini is a mouth-watering and easy-to-create appetizer. Made with Filippo Berio Tomato & Ricotta Pesto, paired with charred broccolini and hazelnuts for a perfect combination of flavours.
- 1 baguette (1-2 days old)
- 25ml Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Small bunch of broccolini (or broccoli)
- Handful of hazelnuts
- 1 jar Filippo Berio Tomato and Ricotta Pesto
- 20 ml Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt
- Thinly slice the baguette. Heat the oven to 200°C.
- Pour a generous glug of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil into pan and dip slices on both sides so they are lightly covered.
- Bake for 10 minutes, they should be golden. If they need an extra 5 minutes then turn them first before cooking an extra 5 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- For the topping, preheat oven to 190°C.
- Chop hazelnuts roughly and roast in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Chop the heads off the broccolini and fry in the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil with a little salt until charred.
- Spread the pesto on the crostini, top with the broccolini and hazelnuts.