Three Tomato Salad
This recipe truly is the simplest of pleasures! A holy trinity of tomato: plum, cherry and beef, dressed in none other than Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The sweet and acidic dressing goes beautifully with fresh parsley, juicy tomatoes and compliments the sweetness of the red onion. This is a wonderful side dish for a BBQ or any Summer supper!
- 2-3 beef tomatoes or large vine ripened tomatoes
- 250g cherry tomatoes (vine ripened if preferred)
- Small punnet baby plum tomatoes or sun-gold tomatoes
- Half a small red onion, thinly sliced
- Chopped parsley
For the Dressing:
- 8 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the large tomatoes and arrange in a shallow serving dish. Halve the remaining tomatoes and pile in the middle of the dish. Scatter the onion slices on top.
- Put the dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake vigorously. Leave at least 30 minutes to allow the garlic to flavour the dressing but then remove the garlic before using. Pour the dressing over the tomatoes, scatter the parsley on top and serve with crusty bread to mop up the delicious juices and dressing.