Spicy Sausage and Tomato Pasta
Pasta is, of course, a staple of Italian culture. In this recipe dried pasta, cooked in the oven, absorbing the tasty picante sausage sauce that surrounds it makes a super, simple and delicious meal. Pieces of pasta that poke above the sauce will be a bit 'al dente' which gives this dish a bit of bite and, as always, good quality sausages make all the difference.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil
- 6 spicy sausages, cut into bite size chunks
- 2 peppers (1 red, 1 yellow), cut into strips
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 300g penne pasta
- Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil to drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Heat the Filippo Berio Classico Olive oil in a roasting tin and cook the sausages and peppers for 15 minutes turning them halfway through.
- Addd the garlic, chilli flakes, tomatoes, pasta and 500ml boiling water.
- Stir to mix and return to oven for a future 35 minutes, stirring halfway through, until the pasta tender.
- Drizzle with Filippo Perio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and season to taste before serving.