Thai Beef Salad
This aromatic salad recipe makes a beautiful light meal. Generally, the better quality the meat is, the more delicious it will taste. The cold assortment of dressed beansprouts, cucumber and onion makes a welcome accompaniment to the tasty Thai beef.
Categories: Sides & Salads
- 90ml Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil
- 2 x 225g sirloin steaks, trimmed
- 3 tomatoes, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 cucumber, deseeded and sliced into sticks
- 100g beansprouts
- 1 long thin red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Juice 1 lime
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1" ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Heat 2 tbsp of the Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil in a frying pan. Add the steak and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning once until brown on the outside and medium rare inside. Add 1 clove of minced garlic and 1" minced ginger to the pan when cooking your steak. Be careful not to burn the garlic and set aside the meat once cooked.
- Place the tomatoes, onion, cucumber, beansprouts, chilli and mint in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Thinly slice the steak. Divide the salad between four serving plates; spoon dressing into a small dish. Top each salad with the slices of steak. Serve immediately.