Tahini, Pomegranate & Kale stuffed Squash
This Middle Eastern delight is a recipe which really celebrates the beautiful squash, combining it with some superfoods to make a healthy, wholesome dish. The rich, nuttiness of the tahini paste marries well with our Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and fresh lemon juice.
- 4x Butternut Squash
- Chilli Flakes (optional)
- 200g Kale
- 100g Pomegranate seeds
- 50g Pumpkin seeds
- 1 Lemon
- 4 large tsp Tahini
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Slice 4 butternut squash length ways. De-seed, and place onto a baking tray. Drizzle it with some Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add salt, pepper and chilli flakes (optional), and place in oven for 45-50 minutes or until soft.
- Once the butternut squash are soft, remove from oven. Scoop out the flesh and place in a bowl. Leave the skins in tact.
- Into the bowl, add 200g of cooked kale, the pomegranate seeds and the pumpkin seeds.
- Now for the tahini dressing. Add 4 heaped teaspoons of tahini into a small bowl. Pour in a small cup of warm water to loosen it, and mix until smooth. Add a teaspoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and mix.
- Pour the tahini dressing in with the kale mixture. Add a good sprinkle of salt and pepper, and the juice of a lemon. Mix everything together.
- Re-stuff your butternut squash skins with the mixture. Top with any leftover pomegranate and pumpkin seeds, and squeeze of lemon juice, and a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Enjoy!
Cooks tipsA sprinkling of fresh, chopped parsley would serve as a great garnish for this dish!