Tagliatelle with Prawns
A match made in heaven, pasta and prawns! This delicious tagliatelle recipe requires a simple yet flavoursome sauce to accompany succulent tiger prawns. White wine, garlic, fresh parsley and prawns unite to transport you to the Italian Seaside. The experience is made complete with the warming effect of a hint of chilli. Serve this Filippo Berio favourite with a cold, crisp, dry white wine.
- 450g tagliatelle
- 5 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 6 tbsp dry white wine
- 250g cooked tiger prawns
- 3 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water for 10 minutes or according to packet instructions until 'al dente'.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 tbsp of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large frying pan and gently fry the garlic and chillies for 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine and simmer for 2 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Add the prawns and parsley to the pan and cook for 1 minute or until hot, season to taste.
- Drain the pasta and add the prawn mixture, toss together.
- Drizzle over the remaining Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.