Tagliatelle alla Checca
- 450g egg tagliatelle
- 450g vine-ripened tomatoes
- 10 large basil leaves, chopped
- 6 parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, drained and roughly chopped
- 6 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water for 10 minutes or according to packet instructions until 'al dente'.
- Meanwhile, place the tomatoes in a large bowl, cover with boiling water from the kettle and leave for 1 minute. Drain then peel away the skins.
- Quarter, then scoop out the seeds and discard. Roughly chop the tomato flesh and place in a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drain the pasta in a colander then return to the pan, immediately add the sauce and toss to mix. Serve straight away in bowls with a drizzle more Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil.