Sweet Potato Hummus
A colourful and nutritious twist on classic hummus. Sweet Potato is a great source of fibre, vitamins and minerals and gives a lovely sweetness to this hummus recipe. Simply serve with vegetables, crudités or pitta bread- or even add to a salad bowl and enjoy!
- 1 large sweet potato, halved lengthwise
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil, more to drizzle
- Pierce the skin side of the sweet potato a handful of times with a fork and then place on a large plate. Microwave on high until the sweet potato is completely tender and soft, about 5 minutes.
- Flip the sweet potato over and let cool to room temperature.
- Scoop the sweet potato flesh into a food processor along with the chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, salt, and spices. With the motor running, add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream and then add water, 1 Tbs. at a time, until the mixture is smooth.
- Season the hummus with more salt and pepper to taste, drizzle with olive oil, and serve; or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.