Sundried tomato pesto stuffed chicken
Simple but delicious, this chicken stuffed with our rich Filippo Berio Sundried tomato pesto is sure to impress! Pair this dish with sautéed potatoes and steamed green beans.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 x 190 g Jar Filippo Berio Sundried Tomato Pesto
- 25 g finely grated parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8-12 slices Parma ham
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil
- 4 lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 180°C, Gas Mark 4. Mix the Filippo Berio Sundried Tomato Pesto with the parmesan cheese.
- Using a sharp knife, make a pocket, by placing your hand flat on top of the chicken breast and cutting into one side of the breast, starting at the thicker end and ending at the thin point, being careful not to cut all the way through to the other side. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Open up your chicken breasts for stuffing and spoon about 2-3 tbsp of the pesto into the centre of the butterflied chicken breasts and spread it so it is evenly coated. Then, fold your chicken back over. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Wrap 2-3 slices of Parma ham around each chicken breast to fully encase the chicken and filling.
- Heat the Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil in a large frying pan and cook the chicken for 2 minutes each side until lightly browned.
- Place on a baking tray and cook for 25- 30 minutes until the Parma ham is crispy and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon.