- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Classic Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup Filippo berio sundried tomato pesto
- 8 free range eggs
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 8 small pitta breads, warmed
Method:1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof, high-sided skillet set over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
2. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables start to soften.
3. Stir in diced tomatoes and pesto; bring to simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes or until thickened.
4. Using a spoon, make 8 holes in the sauce; crack 1 egg into each hole. Baste each egg with a little of the sauce; transfer to oven.
5. Bake for 10 minutes until eggs are soft-cooked or until desired finish.
6. Garnish with basil and parsley. Serve with pita bread.