Sundried Tomato Pesto crostini with prosciutto & marinaded goats cheese
Here’s a truly delicious and easy appetizer. Made with Filippo Berio's delicious Sundried Tomato Pesto sauce, the combination prosciutto and marinated goats cheese make it perfect for a party treat or quick snack.
- 1 baguette (1-2 days old)
- 25ml Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 oz soft goats cheese log
- 230ml Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp chives, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 5 slices of prosciutto
- Filippo Berio Sundried Tomato pesto
- Sea salt to taste
- Thinly slice the baguette. Heat the oven to 200°C.
- Pour a generous glug of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil into pan and dip slices on both sides so they are lightly covered.
- Bake for 10 minutes, they should be golden. If they need an extra 5 minutes then turn them first before cooking an extra 5 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Cut the goats cheese into discs or make into balls if very soft. Place in a bowl with the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and herbs.
- Spread the Filippo Berio Sundried Tomato Pesto onto the crostini. Add a small piece of the prosciutto and a slice of the marinaded goats cheese.