Summer Vegetable Parcels
A quick and easy recipe for seasonal summer vegetables at a BBQ or to accompany any meal. By encasing seasonal vegetables this way, you lock in all the great flavour and keep them juicy and fresh. Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil gives them that all-important lift. Beautiful served with a squeeze of fresh lemon too!
Categories: Sides & Salads
- 700g mixed vegetables such as baby corn and carrots, asparagus, small courgettes, broccoli florets, green beans, sugar snap peas
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp summer herbs, chopped (e.g. parsley, chives, tarragon, chervil)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the vegetables into a large bowl, pour over the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, add herbs and garlic (if using) and season, toss together.
- Divide the vegetables between four x 30cm squares of extra thick foil then bring the sides of foil up and around the vegetables to make parcels. Cook on the barbecue in a medium heat area for 20 minutes.
Cooks tipsSuitable for vegetarians.
For barbecued asparagus, choose thick fresh spears, peel off the outer skin of the lower half of the stalk. Brush with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, season, then place on a prepared
barbecue and cook for 3-4 minutes, turning the spears. Remove and serve with an extra drizzle of olive oil. Add shavings of Parmesan cheese for a real treat.