Sides & Salads
Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Bowls
Roasting cauliflower in Middle Eastern herbs and spices transforms it from a humble vegetable into a delicious centre piece in this salad bowl. Top with a lemony tahini and olive oil dressing.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 whole cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil
- 2 tsp sumac
- 2 tsp Za’atar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, halved
- 400 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 75 g baby spinach leaves
- 2 carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 250g pouch cooked quinoa
- Handful Pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, Gas Mark 6.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a large bowl and add the Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil, the sumac, za’atar and season. Turn to coat in the oil and spices, then place in a roasting tin with the lemon halves and roast 20 minutes.
- Remove the lemon, turn over the cauliflower florets, stir in the chickpeas and cook for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze the juice from the warm lemons into a bowl, discarding any pips and whisk with the tahini and Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive oil. Season to taste.
- Divide the quinoa between 4 bowls and add the cauliflower and chickpeas, the spinach leaves and carrots.
- Drizzle over the dressing and scatter with the pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately.