Sue’s Zabaglione with Summer Berries & Amaretto Biscuits
Sue's delicious boozy berry Zabaglione recipe is perfect for a summer evening! This is a simple Italian custard desert and sometimes drink. You can make this type of desert with different spirits such as cognac too!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 punnet English Strawberries
- 1 punnet Scottish Raspberries
- 1 punnet Blueberries
- 1 pack Soft Amaretto Biscuits
- 4 egg yolks
- 75g caster sugar
- 4 tbsp Vin Santo
- 1 tsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Let’s start with the fruit. Give all berries a gentle rinse in cold water and allow to drain and on kitchen roll.
- In bowl put 4 egg yolks and place bowl over saucepan of warm water.
- Whisk yolks until thick and creamy (ribbon stage) Rain in sugar, a little at a time and continue to whisk until sugar has dissolved.
- The egg mix should be very think. At this point add 4 tbsp Vin Santo and continue to which over gentle heat until mix thickens again (this is Zabaglione).
- Leave for a few minutes while you prepare too build the dessert...
- In a pretty dish/ glass/ bowl layer the berries and amaretto biscuits.
- Return to the Zabaglione and add 1 tsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and whisk until combined.
- To finish the dish, add Zabaglione on top of the fruit and amaretto biscuits and serve immediately.
The Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil adds a depth of flavour and offers a silky shine to the Zabaglione.