Peppers Stuffed with Pesto and Goat’s Cheese
This is a great, quick recipe for a vegetarian dinner, lunch or side-dish. Beautifully roasted sweet bell peppers combined with salty goat's cheese and Filippo Berio Classic Pesto to complete this truly Mediterranean dish. A great dish to use up a glut of vegetables and enhance their flavour with a drizzle of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium courgettes, thickly sliced
- 4 small red onions, peeled and quartered
- 6 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 medium leeks, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 medium peppers, red & yellow
- 8 tsp Filippo Berio Classic Pesto
- 200g firm goat’s cheese
- Basil leaves
- Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Put the tomatoes, sliced courgettes and red onions into a bowl, season with salt and pepper and toss together with 4 tbsp of the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Tip into a large roasting tin.
- Heat the remaining Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a frying pan, add the leeks and cook for 3-4 minutes, until softened. Remove from heat.
- Halve the peppers and discard seeds, spoon the vegetable mixture into the cavity of each halved pepper then add a teaspoon of Filippo Berio Classic Pesto.
- Remove the rind from the cheese and cut into eight, placing a piece into each pepper half. Place amongst the vegetables and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- To serve, garnish with fresh basil leaves.