This Asian-inspired recipe of Sticky Chicken is a beautiful blend of sweet and sour combining soy sauce, Filippo Berio Balsamic Vinegar and honey. A quick and easy fix for the BBQ or the oven and delicious served with a crisp salad and Asian slaw!
- 8 chicken thighs or drumsticks
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 spring onion, sliced
- In a large bowl, mix together the drumsticks with the soy sauce, Filippo Berio Balsamic Vinegar, honey and chopped garlic. Stir until all the ingredients are combined and leave to marinate for 30 minutes or ideally overnight, covered in the fridge.
- Heat a large pan and add the oil. Add the chicken pieces with the remaining marinade and cook on a medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Turn frequently so the chicken pieces don’t burn. Sprinkle over the sliced spring onion and serve with a green salad.
Cooks tipsThis dish would also work well cooked on the BBQ.
Garnish with sesame seeds, as well as spring onion, for added texture!