Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 4 x 350g sirloin or ribeye steak
For the sauce:
- 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely diced.
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- Pinch of dried oregano
- ¾ bottle Cirio Rustic Passata
- 6 large basil leaves, torn
Method:Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a deep-sided frying pan. Add the onions and cook for 10 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and oregano and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Pour in the tomatoes and cook for a further 15 minutes. Stir in the basil leaves.
When ready to serve, heat a griddle or large frying pan until hot. Rub each steak with the remaining olive oil and season with black pepper.
Cook approximately 3 minutes on each side for rare, 5 minutes each side for medium and 7 on each side for well done. When the steak is cooked to your liking, remove and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Cut into thick slices and pour over the sauce and serve with a green salad.