Tagliata translates to "cut" in Italian and perfectly describes the main component of this dish: finely cut steak. A simple but delicious dish, Beef Tagliata is traditionally served with rocket and Parmesan cheese, with a drizzling of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 2 x 300g sirloin steaks, 2cm thick
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100ml Filippo Berio 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 60g rocket
- 50g Parmesan shavings
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat, until it is smoking hot.
- Lightly rub each steak with 1 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Griddle the steaks for 3 minutes on each side until they are cooked to medium-rare.
- Remove the steaks from the heat and rest in a warm place for 5 minutes (turning halfway).
- Cut the steak into 0.5 cm thin strips. Drizzle over 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, any meat juices and then sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt. Massage the oil and sea salt into the meat.
- Place the rocket in a bowl, dress with the remaining 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and season. Scatter the rocket over the steak, followed by the Parmesan shavings. Drizzle with Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and serve immediately.