Steak and Rocket Salad with Capers and Olives
This is one of the 4 recipes created by Paola Maggiulli (known as The Tiny Italian), aimed to show you how to use Filippo Berio Pestos to make simple and delicious salad dressings. Simply mix the Filippo Berio Pesto of your choice with our Extra Virgin Olive Oil for a quick and easy dressing that is perfect in a whole host of recipes.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 tbsp Filippo Berio Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Sirloin Steaks
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 anchovies, in olive oil
- 50g Capers
- 100g Olives
- 60g Rocket salad, washed
- 250g Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Mix the pesto and 25ml of olive oil together to make the sun dried tomato salad dressing. Set aside.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Lightly coat the steak in Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully place the steak in the heated frying pan. Cook for 2 minutes on each side for medium/rare.
- Remove the steak from the pan and allow it to rest on a warm plate.
- In the meantime, in the same frying pan, drizzle a little more olive oil. Add the garlic, anchovies, cherry tomatoes, capers and olives. Cook for 5 minutes until the tomatoes have slightly softened.
- Dress the rocket leaves with the sun-dried tomato salad dressing. Slice the steak into strips and place on top of the rocket. Serve with the cherry tomato olive caper mix. Then drizzle generously more of the pesto salad dressing on top.