Spring Vegetable Pistou Soup
A festival of spring vegetables in a bowl, made even more delicious with a dollop of garlicky, herby pistou.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 300g baby new potatoes, halved or quartered
- 350g baby carrots, quartered
- 200g baby courgettes, quartered
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 150g fresh garden peas
- 150g broad beans, skins removed
- 4 cloves garlic
- 30 fresh basil leaves
- 120ml Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 50g finely grated vegan Mediterranean style cheese, optional
- Heat the Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil, in a large saucepan and cook the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, until softened. Pour over the stock, bring to the boil and add the potatoes. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the carrots, courgette and tomatoes, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the peas and broad beans and cook for 4-5 minutes, until tender. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile make the pistou: place the garlic and basil in a food processor and blend to a paste, gradually add the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Season to taste and stir in the vegan cheese, if using.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve each with a spoonful of the pistou and crusty bread.