Spinach & Prosciutto Salad
A simple and satisfying recipe to add to your summer salad repertoire. This recipe uses prosciutto, the king of cured meats, and tomatoes drizzled in Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, roasted until soft and jammy. Paired with fresh spinach and seasonal asparagus, this is the ultimate summertime salad.
Top Tip: use an old jar to shake up the dressing ingredients and store any excess!
Categories: Sides & Salads
For the salad
- 12 slices of prosciutto
- 6 small plum tomatoes
- 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 200g of baby spinach leaves, washed and dried well
- 200g of baby fresh asparagus, blanched for two minutes and chilled
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, finely shredded
- A little sugar to taste
- Parmesan shavings
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Put the prosciutto and tomatoes cut side up onto a baking tray; drizzle with the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and season well. Cook for 25 minutes or until just soft.
- Arrange the spinach and asparagus onto the serving plates and top with the tomatoes and prosciutto.
- Mix the salad dressing ingredients together and season to taste. Pour over the salad just before serving.