Speedy Crab Ragu
This comforting crab ragù makes great use of this often underrated but delicious shellfish. There is a wonderful abundance of crab varieties widely available here in the UK; blue, snow, spider and brown crabs to name just a few.
- 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 30ml white wine
- 500ml Cirio Passata
- Bunch of flat leaf parsley
- Zest of one lemon
- 300g tinned or fresh crab meat
- 350g rigatoni pasta
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
MethodHeat the olive oil in a large frying pan, over a medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook for 5 minutes.
Then add the chilli, carrot, celery, fennel seeds and white wine.
Cook for a further 5 minutes and stir in the passatta, flat leaf parsley and lemon zest.
Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes before adding the crab meat.
Cook for 1 minute to warm through.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and reserve a ladle of the pasta water.
Add the ragù to the pasta, together with a little of the reserved pasta water and serve immediately with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.