Spanish Omelette with Chorizo
- 300ml Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil
- 3 small/medium onions, sliced
- 675g potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 110g chorizo sausage, sliced
- 6 medium eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
MethodAdd the oil in a non-stick frying pan and heat to a medium flame. Add the onions and potatoes and fry for 10-15 minutes or until tender and golden.
Add the chorizo and fry for 2 minutes. Shake the pan until the onions, potatoes and chorizo form an even layer. Drain off excess oil.
Beat the eggs with seasoning, pour into the pan, cover and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes until the eggs begin to set.
Cook the omelette under a hot grill for 2 minutes or until all the egg has set and the top is brown. Cut into quarters and drizzle over a tbsp of Filippo Berio extra virgin to really bring out the flavour. Serve with rocket leaves or a side of your choice.