Spaghetti Aglio e Olio (Spaghetti with garlic, oil and chilli)
Aglio e Olio is a simple, Italian classic. It consists of garlic, oil and chilli, a fast dish for the minimalists! As you are only using a few ingredients, make sure they are good quality. And it's naturally vegan!
- 450g / 1lb dried spaghetti
- 75ml /5 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced
- 1-2 fresh chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the spaghetti according to the manufacturer's instructions until 'al dente'.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan, add the garlic and chilli and fry for 1 minute, but do not burn.
- Drain the pasta well and put it into a hot serving dish. Toss in the hot oil and season to taste.
Cooks tipsSuitable for vegetarians.
Serve with plenty of warm Italian-style bread to mop up the juices.
Remember to wash your hands well after preparing the chillies.