Smashed Pesto Potatoes
Why not add more flavour to your potato side dish by mixing them with Filippo Berio Classic Pesto. This recipe is great to enjoy served with a summer salad, BBQ or perfect with fish and chicken.
Serves: 4-6 as a side
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 750g new potatoes
- 1 jar of Filippo Berio Classic Pesto
- 2 tbsps Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees (fan oven).
- Boil 750g new potatoes for 15 - 20 minutes in salted water or until soft to pierce.
- Drain, add 1 tbsp of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the pan and shake the potatoes in the oil.
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment, season with a little salt.
- Using a potato masher or back of knife gently crush the potatoes so they break apart a little.
- Drizzle over any Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil left in the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes are roasting, mix a jar of Filippo Berio Classic Pesto with 1 tbsp of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a splash of cold water to loosen the mixture, this will make it easier to drizzle over the potatoes.
- Once the potatoes are nicely browned remove from the oven, place on a large serving platter and season with cracked black pepper and drizzle over the Filippo Berio Classic Pesto so that it catches in all the smashed pieces of potato and coat the outside.