Sicilian Couscous Salad
Due to influences from North Africa and the Middle East many years ago, the combination of raisins and pine nuts is very common to a variety of dishes in Sicily – including pasta, caponata and even meatballs! We’ve chosen to pair them with a light couscous salad for added texture and sweetness. Perfect for summer get-togethers and lunchboxes.
- 100g raisins
- 50g pine nuts
- 200g couscous
- 1 red onion, diced
- 50g stoned green olives, roughly chopped
- 30g capers
- 1 large bunch of parsley, chopped
- 1 large bunch basil, chopped
- 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp runny honey (or remove to make vegan)
- Soak the couscous according to packet instructions.
- Soak the raisins in hot water for 5 minutes.
- Toast the pine nuts over a medium heat until slightly coloured. Remove from the pan and leave to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients together and season.
- Combine the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, the lemon juice and the honey to make the dressing and pour over the couscous before serving.