Seared Beef with Rocket
Impress your dinner party guests with this delicious seared steak. It is succulent and tender and can be enjoyed at any time of year!
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 red onions, peeled and sliced
- 4 rump or sirloin steaks
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 packet rocket leaves
- 3 tbsp flat leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Heat 1 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large frying pan. Add the onions and sauté for 4-5 minutes. Remove the onions.
- Trim the steaks and season with pepper. Add the steaks to the pan and seal each steak for about 1 minute each side, then cook to desired degree of pinkness.
- Toss together the rocket, onions, parsley, Parmesan cheese, vinegar and remaining Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Season well.
- To serve, put the steaks onto 4 hot serving plates, then top with the salad and serve at once.