Sea Bass with Pine Nuts, Sultanas & Spinach
- 50g pine nuts
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 40ml Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 50g Sultanas
- 250g spinach
- 60ml white wine
- 2 sea bass fillets
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Add the pine nuts to a pan and cook on a low heat. Stir for around 5 minutes until they turn golden.
- In a large frying pan, warm half the olive oil, add the onion and garlic and cook on a low heat, until the onion is soft.
- Add the sultanas and white wine to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes or until all the wine has evaporated.
- Add the pine nuts and stir in the spinach. Cook until the spinach leaves have just wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate pan, add the remaining olive oil and cook the bass fillets, skin down, for 5 minutes, over a medium heat. When the skin is crisp and the white flesh loses its opaque texture, turn over and cook for a further minute.
- Divide the spinach between two plates and top each plate with a bass fillet. Drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper then serve.