Scallops with Olive Oil & Lemon
Delicate and sweet in flavour, they are best served with equally mild flavours. Try them with our Mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil, lemon juice and a hint of chilli. Serve them either on their own or served on a bed of rocket. Delicious!
- 6-8 scallops
- 1 tbsp Mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus more for drizzling
- 2 large chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tsp chopped fresh red chilli
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Pat scallops dry with paper towels, and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry the scallops in the Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil until golden, usually for about 1 - 3 mins, then flip them over and sprinkle over the garlic cloves and chopped fresh red chilli.
- Cook for another 1-3 minutes, or until golden and then pour over the lemon juice.
- Finish off with a good drizzle of Filippo Berio Mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Serve straight away.
Cooks tipsIf there is coral on your scallops, make sure to remove it properly before cooking.